EP0001: Bonanza

"To explore strange new worlds...to seek out new life, and new civilizations..." The crew of the USS Cordelia begins its own Star Trek saga, "to boldly go where" others will have "gone before." If you like the Star Trek universe, come join us!

EP0001: Bonanza

Postby AquaGirlLove » 2010-Sep-17 [Fri] 5:32 pm

OOC: Welcome everyone to the 1st episode of the USS Cordelia. I hope this will be a fun experience for all of us. Please review the Edict before posting to the role-play, especially the Game-Mastering Laws. I have tried to limit my game-mastering of each of your characters to a minimum. If you are interested in taking on an NPC, let me know. As you already know, the title of this episode is called Bonanza. The Cordelia is on its maiden voyage to the Gamma Quadrant to drop of supplies to the construction site of Deep Space 10 and pick up the remainder of its crew on Deep Space 9 and on New Bajor. An old traveling Ardanan miner, named Andro, becomes rich after finding a latinum mine on New Bajor. This find sparks a latinum rush, of off-worlders trying to get rich, on New Bajor. However, a series of accidents begin to plague the off-worlder prospectors to the point that the New Bajoran government has asked the Federation to look into the matter.

This episode will tie into the Firebird Fleet story arc: The Coalition. For those of you who are not aware, the Coalition is a group of renegades who attacked Earth and Earth's starbase in December of 2380. Since then, the Federation has sent out the U.S.S. Valkyrie to hunt down and bring this group to justice. Cordelia will not have a major part in this fleet story arc since we are in the Gamma Quadrant, which is why this will be the only episode that will deal with them. If you have any questions about the story arc, please message me. Enjoy the episode! :)
The running splashing rocky river made it difficult for the gray-haired, long-bearded humanoid to capture water in his silver cylindrical canteen without risking falling onto the nearby sharp rocks. Overcome with thirst, the male humanoid attempted to kneel on a soaked rock, allowing his burnt sienna pants to become damp. As he did so, the man's footing gave way; he slipped and landed on the large flat rock he had wanted to kneel from.

“That's bound to leave a few bruises,” he spoke to himself, placing his hands on the rock to prepare to lift himself up. As he turned his head, the man noticed an unusual curvature along the side of the mountain. “What have we here.”

After picking himself back up, he crossed the shallow cool running river and began to examine what he had seen. Pulling out a machete-like object, he cut through the overgrowth surrounding the unusual rocky curvature. Each slice of overgrowth brought a coolness from within the rock. He could feel something laid wait inside.

Once he had cleared the way, the gray-haired, long bearded man entered. The light had penetrated deep inside, illuminating a petrous terra-cotta cave with scattered stalactites and stalagmites. Towards the darkened area, the man noticed a few sparkles. He moved cautiously, holding his machete-like object in one hand and his cylindrical canteen in the other. Approaching the source of the sparkles, the man spotted a pool of metallic liquid.

Curious of the liquid metal, he took his canteen and carefully dipped the opening into the pool. Capturing some of the liquid, he walked towards the light for a better view. The brightness of New Bajor's Sun's rays reflected from the liquid's surface onto the man's face. Looking back at the argent liquid, the man began to laugh loudly with delight.

From behind a thick brush on the shore of the running river, another male humanoid, cloaked in a charcoaled robe, spied the long-bearded man laughing inside the once hidden cavern. The male humanoid swiftly pulled out a pistol and fired at the rocks above the opening of the cave. Within seconds, the entrance was sealed and the male humanoid, gone. All that remained were floating dust particles surrounding the sealed entrance.

The Cordelia's bridge was much different than its predecessors. Though it retained the mix of Galaxy- and Sovereign-class configuration, the colors of the doors, walls, panels, and ceiling took on a beige Galaxy-class look rather than the dark gray of the Sovereign-class. With the dismantling of Section 31 and the end of the Dominion War, Starfleet wanted their newer ships to reflect the ideals of the Federation through its internal décor. The Cordelia would be one of those ships that would cater to first contacts and diplomats as part of its exploratory mission in the Gamma Quadrant. Having a pleasant environment could make a difference in making friends or creating enemies.

Stepping onto the bridge from the front port-side door to the captain's ready room, Brenda Evette Ramirez made her way to the cocoa command chair at the center of the bridge. She had spent most of the morning reviewing the data provided to her by Starfleet Command concerning the cargo she was to drop off at the construction site of Deep Space 10, on the other side of the Bajoran Wormhole. As she was about to sit, the helm officer, a Deltan female by the name of Tia, announced, while activating the holographic viewscreen, “Captain, we will be within range of Deep Space 9 within a minute.”

Remembering her previous flight aboard the derlict-like Defiant-class starship Firebird, Captain Ramirez walked over to the helm control and said, “I'll take the helm, Lieutenant.”

The bald Deltan female gave her new captain a curious look as she removed herself from the console. It had been the first time she had been asked to relinquish her position by a captain. She wasn't sure what to make of it, but stood by Brenda's side as she took control over the Cordelia.

The Luna-class vessel exited out of warp some kilometers away from the formerly christened Terok Nor. At slow impulse, Cordelia glided around the station to make its approach towards Docking Bay 5. The last time Ramirez maneuvered a ship on that similar path, she had been fighting against a poorly constructed engine and propulsion system. The crew aboard that ship were lucky to have docked safely, but it did leave a sour taste in Ramirez's mouth; a taste she was about to sweeten with her new stable starship.

It took only a few seconds to complete the glide and resume standard docking procedures. She had given the viewers on the promenade a better glimpse of her piloting capabilities she had demonstrated to her former commanding officer, Captain Michael Derick Hemingway, time and time again. In her mind, the wobbling of the Firebird's entrance to Deep Space 9's space had been corrected with Cordelia's.

“Great job, Captain,” an excited semi-masculine-feminine voice came from the ops position.

Ensign Gina Carter, a pre-op male-to-female transgendered woman, had been assigned the ops position prior to departure from Earth. She was one of the few human transgendered individuals in Starfleet that Ramirez knew. The idea of men turning into women and vice versa had come a long way from the the 20th Century. Most individuals could undergo genetic reassignment to become the individuals they were inside. However, like 20th and 21st Century Earth days, counseling, consultation, and medical permission was still required before such procedures could be done. Gina had fulfilled enough of the requirements during her Academy days that Starfleet granted her request to be treated and designated as female with the annotation of being transgendered.

Turning her attention to the Carter, Brenda replied and smiled, “Thank you, Ensign.” Looking back at the female Deltan, she added as she stood up from the helm console, “Thank you, Lieutenant.”

Tia didn't understand why she was receiving a compliment, but took it as a good sign, “You are...welcome, Captain.”

Ramirez had that feeling again, where she thought she saw Tia naked in front of her. It was a very pleasant erotic feeling, if even it was her imagination getting the better of her. Quickly dismissing the thought, she returned to her command chair where Commander Samuel Marshall and Dr. Jill Peters sat adjacent.

“That was a nice performance, Captain,” Dr. Peters commented with a smile.

“Just a little something before I get tied down to business,” Brenda noted.

“How long will we be docked here?” The executive officer of the Cordelia inquired of Ramirez.

“We have a few hours before we need to depart to the wormhole,” she answered. “You are welcome to visit the station if you like.”

“I might just do that,” Marshal replied.

“Captain, Deep Space 9 reports that they have issued a boarding call through out the station for the awaiting crew of the Cordelia,” informed Ensign Carter.

“Good. Keep me apprised of our status, Ensign. I will be in Seven Forward. Cmdr, you have the bridge.” With that, Brenda stood up from her cocoa chair, walked towards the starboard end of the bridged, and entered the turbolift.

Shren watched his captain leave the bridge. The blue skinned Andorian didn't really have much to say with Ramirez's performance. After all, his job was security and tactical. Though he was impressed at how well she maneuvered the ship. Perhaps things would be different aboard the Cordelia. He had some issues on the last ship he was on, especially with his former captain. The hope was that this new assignment would finally let him be the officer he truly was inside.

Seven Forward had a few off duty crew members lingering and dining when Brenda entered. Some of the off duty crew decided to take a visit aboard the station while others remained aboard. For it size, the lounge appeared very spacious, and the bar very similar to the Galaxy-class version of Ten Forward.

Interrupted from her train of thought, an orange-white being spoke, “Welcome, Captain. May I get you something?”

“Ra-Kin,” Brenda recognized the Caitian male bartender, “set me up with some French toast, eggs, and bacon with some orange juice. I will take it near the table by the window.” She had met Ra-Kin at the transporter station where the two were beamed aboard Cordelia, back on Earth. She found him to be very interesting, in a Zen master way.

“Will do,” he replied as he began make the preparations behind the bar and Brenda walked over to her table.

“Where do I find Docking Bay 5?” A soft spoken, timid Nadjor asked a Ferengi bartender aboard Deep Space 9.

The short Ferengi looked Nadjor over. He was wearing the newest blue Starfleet uniform, carrying a duffel bag, and had a datapad in his hand. “A Federation Cardassian,” the Ferengi shook his head and spoke, “what is this universe coming to?” He paused and continued. “It is going to cost you.”

“I don't have any money to pay,” Nadjor looked downward as he replied.

“You come to my establishment, ask for directions, and have not the latinum to pay me,” the Ferengi began cleaning glasses behind the bar counter. “You see the sign,” the Ferengi pointed. “It says Quarks. I am Quark. You come back when you can pay, and I will help you with your troubles.”

“That won't be necessary,” a green skinned female intervened as she approached the bar. She too was wearing a Starfleet uniform, only her's was red. “I am Lieutenant Devaa. I too am on my way to Docking Bay 5.”

The Lieutenant's sensual voice caught Nadjor and Quark off guard. The two traced the contours of her curves with their fixated eyes. She had a sexy hourglass figure. Her hair long, straight, and green. For the two, it was like a fantasy had come to life. Devaa had known that look time and time again. Many men in her career path became easily captivated by her features, but none truly attempted to know the true woman behind the sensual mask. It was a curse to her; one she had hoped would disappear with time and age, but how long should would have to wait was anyone's guess.

“I believe we need to be going, Ensign,” she took Nadjor by the arm and led him out of Quarks. To her favor—for the moment, she out ranked Nadjor and that was all she needed for him to do as she asked.

Vianna Ulari looked out towards space from the main floor of the promenade as she stood near one of the main viewing windows. She had been attracted to the stars at an early age. She had been quite fascinated with space that she left her home world when she was of age and joined Starfleet Academy. Unfortunately, most of her career had been spent deep within the ships she served on, repairing internal components in various Jefferies tubes. Secretly she longed to join away missions and spend time out in the vacuum of space. Her new assignment to the Cordelia brought hopes that maybe she could finally live her dream.

As she took a step back, she accidentally bumped into another Starfleet Lieutenant wearing a male version of the gold uniform she was wearing. “Excuse me. I'm so sorry.”

“It's okay,” the bearded Lt. replied.

“You wouldn't happen to be a member of the U.S.S. Cordelia, would you?” She queried the officer.

The Lt replied, “Actually, I am on my way to Docking Bay 5.” He put out his hand and shook Vianna's. “I am Lieutenant Cael Forge.”

“Nice to meet you, Lt,” the dark skinned Haliian female said with a smile. “I am Lieutenant Vianna Ulari. Do you mind if I accompany you?”

“Not all, Lt.” Forge replied as the two began their stroll towards Docking Bay 5.

Tapping his golden metallic arrowhead communicator, Lieutenant Commander Raneri, a Fabrini male humanoid, contacted from within sickbay, “Raneri to Dr. Peters.”

“Go ahead, Dr. Raneri,” Peter's voice vibrated through Raneri's communicator.

“Sorry to disturb you, but I would like to travel to the space station before our departure to pick up a few things. Would you mind if I did so?” The Fabrini male asked as he finished cleaning up sickbay. The medical room had a Galaxy- and Intrepid-class feel to it. The ship had also been outfitted with two emergency holographic programs—a Mark XV Emergency Medical Hologram and a Mark II Emergency Engineering Hologram. Both holographic program appearances were customizable. “I could activate the EMH in my absence.”

“That won't be necessary, Doctor,” Jill answered. “You may go. I have a few things I need to attend to over there. Enjoy yourself. Peters, out.”

Raneri had wanted to take a look to see what types of items he could find on the station to add to his personal medicine bag. Plus, he had wanted to chat with Dr. Bashir about his experiences in the Gamma Quadrant before they left. Raneri was an individual who tried to be prepared for any given situation. He was always the Boy Scout you could depend on, and he took the Hippocratic Oath very seriously. Medicine was apart of his people, apart of his family, and apart of who he was. His duty—his mission—was to comfort and heal the sick while keeping the fit healthy.

Lt Iana Ja'El, Personal Log, Stardate 58863.86

It did not take me as long as I thought to reach my quarters. I had expected the
Luna-class to be somewhat gigantic like the Galaxy- or Sovereign-class. To my surprise, the ship was smaller, not to mention my quarters, which are located on Deck 4. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I am certain Patrick would find something wrong with this place, this ship. He always wanted the best for me, and I really do miss him. I only wished he understood why I needed to do this. Yes, there were plenty of opportunities in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. We could have served on the same ship. Hell, I could have just said, “Yes,” to his marriage proposal. Maybe I could have been happy?

The passion and the sex were wonderful. Even now...I can not help but enjoy the those pleasurable moments. He was very good in bed, but he could be such an ass. Everything was wrong. Nothing was ever good enough. The bitching...the complaining...the negativism... How could I have fallen for a fallible Human? Sure he had a big Human...what do they call it...dick. And I loved the attention he gave me...the trips...the nights out...the dinners... But I hated that temper of his...every other word...“fuck” this...“fuck” that... In away, I am glad that I took this position. Maybe in time, he will mellow out, and maybe...just maybe...I can be with him.

End Log
Captain Vel Qua, U.S.S. Firebird (NCC-94123)
Captain Laci Delgado, U.S.S. Valkyrie (NCC-77509)
Captain Brenda Ramirez, U.S.S. Cordelia (NCC-94776)
Captain Tiffany Logan, U.S.S. Stargate (NCC-94028)
AquaGirlLove
Captain (Cmd)
Captain (Cmd)

Re: EP0001: Bonanza

Postby CaelForge » 2010-Sep-20 [Mon] 1:10 am

Cael wandered the busy Promenade enjoying the exotic sights, sounds and smells. The place was a bit bigger than he had expected. It was busier, too. He was looking for Docking bay 5, but there were so many unique sights that he was easily distracted. His attention on a large, tri-pedal creature covered in iridescent fur, he suddenly found himself bumping into a young woman as he turned from walking backwards. She appeared as surprised as he felt as she apologized, “Excuse me. I'm so sorry.”

He chuckled slightly, “It's okay,” he said. "I wasn't watching where I was going. This place is pretty impressive."

“You wouldn't happen to be a member of the U.S.S. Cordelia, would you?” She asked.

Cael smiled, “Actually, I am; I'm on my way to Docking Bay 5.” He put out his hand and shook Vianna's. “Lieutenant Cael Forge, at your service.”

“Nice to meet you, Lt,” the dark skinned Haliian female said with a smile. “I am Lieutenant Vianna Ulari. Do you mind if I accompany you?”

“Not all, Lt. Perhaps between the two of us, we'll find it without a detour to the Gamma Quadrant...” Forge smirked as the two began their stroll towards Docking Bay 5.

As they made there way through the roving crowd, Cael asked a passing station technician for directions. Soon they were nearing the docking ring. As they walked, Cael glanced out the window and slowly stopped in his tracks, staring. Vianna took a moment to notice he'd stopped, and turned to looka t him quizically. "What do you see?" she asked. Cael pointed out the window, "I think that's our new assingment..."

After taking a moment to admire the ship they'd soon be serving aboard, they continued down the corridors and soon found the Docking Bay they had been searching for.
Don't try to be a "Great Man"; just be a man, and let History make it's own judgement.
=/\= STO: Angels, Demons and Geeks - An Star Trek Online Blog =/\=
Live what life brings. Die what death comes.
CaelForge
Lieutenant (Eng/Sec)
Lieutenant (Eng/Sec)

Postby PrincessSerenity » 2010-Sep-22 [Wed] 12:39 pm

OOC: Great job starting the episode thread, Aqua! You didn't over GM, and I can help out with a NPC if you want. Otherwise, I'm fine just watching you develop some of their personalities in your posts. I'm looking forward to the adventures of The Cordelia.
Captain Brenda Evette Ramirez stepped aboard the bridge as the ship neared Deep Space 9. She took control of the ship from Lieutenant Tia who appeared slightly perturbed that a captain would want to dock her own ship. Tia stood by Captain Ramirez's side like a parent ready and waiting to catch her child before she fell off her bike (it being the first time said child tried to ride on her own).

Jill smiled in amusement at the crew around her. She had only been with the USS Cordelia for one month, and she was already fitting in. There was such an array of unique beings and personalities aboard. This was what Jill had always hoped for when she joined Starfleet. She hadn't much time to fit in as ensign on the USS Arizona because she was too busy conducting menial tasks. She had "blossomed" under the tutelage of Dr. Lehares, or at least that was the way she made it appear to her superiors. Being one of the Ancient shapeshifters, she didn't have many new tricks to learn from humanoid beings. That wasn't saying there weren't lots of new species that Jill hoped to learn about. She had enjoyed her friendship with Dr. Lehares, though, and was a little sad to lose that relationship with her next transfer to the USS Chuck Norris, a Defiant-class starship. Unfortunately, she didn't have long with her new ship because of a fateful battle during the beginnings of the Dominion War. Still, it had taken a while before her next assignment had been decided, and Jill was very happy that she fought the Federation to be placed on The Cordelia. Hell, even the name suited her being a reference to a famous Shakespearean character.

"Great job, Captain,” an excited semi-masculine-feminine voice came from the ops position.

Jill glanced at the transgendered crew member and smiled. It was such a pleasure to see how far the world and universe had come in relation to the idea of gender, for that was what it truly was...an idea formulated by society's rules. She looked forward to getting to know Ensign Gina Carter during her free time and inquiring of her how she had been adapting to her transformation. As the Chief Medical Officer, Jill was pretty sure she would deal with any issues, if any, that arose with Gina's gender reassignment.

The captain was very gracious in her thanks to Tia as well, making sure she let her officer know that she appreciated the unusual protocol change.

When Captain Ramirez turned to her and Commander Samuel Marshall, Jill complimented her as well.

“That was a nice performance, Captain,” Dr. Peters commented with a smile.

“Just a little something before I get tied down to business,” Brenda noted.

Jill understood that response. Often the business side of being a Starfleet officer was less than glamorous than the dreams they had all had while at the Academy. Commander Marshall and Captain Ramirez continued to exchange conversation as he asked about their time aboard Deep Space 9. The ship was picking up additional crew before they continued with their cargo mission. After the captain left for Seven Forward, Jill turned to Commander Marshall.

"When did you want to visit the station, Commander Marshall?"

"I'm in no rush. If I want to leave and the captain's not back, I'll let you be in charge of the bridge."

Jill agreed to his decision as she settled into her chair. A chirp from her communicator alerted her that her assistant chief medical officer was contacting her.

“Raneri to Dr. Peters.”

“Go ahead, Dr. Raneri,” Peter's voice vibrated through Raneri's communicator.

“Sorry to disturb you, but I would like to travel to the space station before our departure to pick up a few things. Would you mind if I did so? I could activate the EMH in my absence.”

“That won't be necessary, Doctor,” Jill answered. “You may go. I have a few things I need to attend to over there. Enjoy yourself. Peters, out.”

Turning to Commander Marshall, Jill inquired if she could leave the bridge for a little bit to check on matters in sickbay.

"Of course, Dr. Peters. If I need you, I will be sure to contact you."

As Jill walked to the turbo lift, she admired some of the internal decor around her. She really liked the color scheme of her new ship. She understood the reasons behind the beige Galaxy-class look rather than the dark gray of the Sovereign-class ships. It would help with their diplomatic and exploratory missions in the Gamma Quadrant; environment was a key factor in making friends as she herself had learned.

It didn't take Jill long to reach sickbay. She greeted some of the other medical officers before entering her office. She had wanted to check the medical files of the new crew members. She would be conducting physicals once they were aboard The Cordelia, and it was important for her to read and understand their previous medical histories before returning to the bridge. It would allow her to conduct the physicals at a much faster pace if she prepared earlier rather than later. Jill settled back into her chair, put on some soft background music, and began reading her files.

The first one that caught her eye was a new medical nurse, Ensign Zimm Lirot. They would be picking Lirot up from New Bajor on the other side of the wormhole. Jill was always excited to receive new medical personnel.

'It's nice to finally come home,' she briefly considered before concentrating on her work.
OOC: Let me know if anything needs to be edited, Vel.
Tsukino Usagi (Sailor Moon), Usagi's RPG Universe
Cdr. Serena Simone, CMO and Cons, U.S.S. Firebird
Lt. Cdr. Maria Olivo, Asst CMO, U.S.S. Firebird
Lt. Cdr. Xela Rogue, CMO and Cons, U.S.S. Valkyrie
Lt. Cdr. Jill Peters, CMO and Cons, U.S.S. Cordelia
PrincessSerenity
Commander (Med/Sci)
Commander (Med/Sci)

Postby CaelForge » 2010-Oct-04 [Mon] 10:28 pm

OOC: I'm really not used to this style of SIM, so my posts will likely be relatively short as I get used to the way you guys "GM" other peoples characters... I'm more used to the other kind of SIM with shorter posts, more frequent posts, and "tagging" other players. Just gonna take a while to get the hang of this, so any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated, even with things like post formatting. Also, I'm still not clear on which characters are NPC and which are players, so I'm just gonna take things slowly at first :P

=/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\=

The Mek'leth stood in clear contrast to the material of the desk it stood on, it's worn metal having seen many battles and much blood. Cael shifted the base slightly, adjusting the angle the small weapon stand sat at on his desk in his new quarters. It hadn't taken him long to find them, and his personal belongings were already waiting for him. The sickbay was still quite busy with the standard procedure medical examinations of all new personnel, and so he decided to do a bit of unpacking before making an appointment with one of the doctors.

Satisfied with the weapon's placement, he looked around his quarters, sighing in satisfaction. The room was divided into three (if you included the lavatory), and the two main rooms were each much larger than his entire quarters back on his previous assignment. He wandered over to the replicator, admiring the spaciousness as he went. "Large hot chocolate, milk chocolate flavor, 60 degrees Celsius, with a shot of peppermint." The replicator chirped and hummed as the beverage materialized in front of him. he took a sip tentatively, frowning slightly. "No... not even close. Make the chocolate flavor richer, and add 10% homogenized cow's milk." The replicator acknowledged the command, and the beverage fazed in and out as the device altered it's ingredients. After it finished, he took another sip, smiling in satisfaction. "Mmmm... Much better. Save that as Cael Hot Chocolate Pre-set One." The replicator chirped again as it complied with the command, and Cael sat down on the couch nearby, enjoying his beverage greatly.

=/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\= =/\=

Cael entered sickbay, quickly stepping to the side of the door to avoid being run over by a large gurney of perishable medical supplies. It seemed like the place was under control, but still very busy. He tried to find one of the doctors , but saw none immediately, and so made his way over to the medical office, trying to keep out of the way. He found it without any dificlty, and was glad to find that there was an appointment panel beside the door, so Cael flipped through the available times and settled on an opening early the next morning with a Dr. Peters. Satisfied, he vacated sickbay as quickly as possible, going to a hall panel and tapping a control. "Computer, where is the Captain?" It was about time he got the formalities out of the way and got down to work.
Don't try to be a "Great Man"; just be a man, and let History make it's own judgement.
CaelForge
Lieutenant (Eng/Sec)
Lieutenant (Eng/Sec)

Postby Wolf813 » 2010-Dec-14 [Tue] 11:51 pm

"So this is how you're gonna repay me for everything I've done for you?" Ra-Kin gazed down at the diminutive Ferengi throwing a temper-tantrum. "You come in here, and out of the goodness in my lobes, I decide to give you a job, and now you wanna leave? Where is the respect?"

Quark had been ranting in what Ra-Kin could only assume was anger for about five minutes after he told him that he would be leaving to run the lounge on the USS Cordelia, which would be arriving at the station within the hour. Ra-Kin was certainly grateful to Quark for giving him a job after coming to the station looking for work, but it wasn't the most comfortable setting for him. These words were continuously proved true time and again as the short alien paced around him.

"You wanna go? Fine! Go! You can go work on the fancy starship, but this job ain't gonna be here for you when you come back!" Quark continued muttering to himself as he stormed out to go confront a Cardassian dressed in a Starfleet uniform of all thing. "Ungrateful, no good, backstabbing, son-of-a...." Ra-Kin wasn't able to hear the rest of Quark's rant, but he was certain he didn't want to. He quickly gathered his belongings from his quarters and followed a few enlisted officers to one of the docking hatches.

The interior of the Cordelia was unlike many of the starships he had seen recently. The walls were bright and colorful, rather than the cold metal bulkheads in what could be described as the Federation's war-ships. There was a profound impact on the atmosphere of the ship and its crew, everyone seemed more cheerful and was enjoying their work, which was most noticeable in the ship's lounge. The entire staff was working happily, and the patrons were smiling, laughing, and having an overall good time. However, there was one individual in the room that Ra-Kin absolutely had to speak to. He approached the black-haired woman quietly and stood behind her for a moment, noticing that she was lost in deep thought as she entered the bar.

"Welcome, Captain. May I get you something?" He gave a slight bow as he greeted her. They had met once before at a transporter station on Earth, but never had the chance to really speak with her.

“Set me up with some French toast, eggs, and bacon with some orange juice. I will take it near the table by the window.” He gave another bow as he went to prepare the Captain's order. Anyone else would use the replicators and get things done quickly, but Ra-Kin felt that a personal touch was more appropriate, especially for the captain of the ship. In about ten minutes, he exited the kitchen area carrying a tray with the freshly prepared food waiting to be served. He placed the tray in front of Captain Ramirez and took the seat across the table from her.

"So, Captain" he took one of the strips of the bacon from the plate and began to eat it. "Tell me a bit about yourself."
Captain V'rrin- Commanding Officer, USS Hanoi NCC-64983
Lt. JG Wolf- Science Officer, USS Firebird NCC-94123
Wolf813
Lieutenant JG (Med/Sci)
Lieutenant JG (Med/Sci)

Postby CaelForge » 2011-Mar-12 [Sat] 9:43 pm

Cael had spent the last half hour familiarizing himself with the quirks of the U.S.S. Cordelia's systems and getting to know some of the crew. The Cordelia was a fine ship, though he already could tell it would take him longer to get accustomed to the larger science vessel; his personal specialty were Escorts & Dreadnoughts. The weapon systems on the Cordelia were... adequate. The different science departments were already bombarding him with power & resource requests in anticipation of their mission, more often than not conflicting ones. He'd managed to schedule them balanced time with the sensor array & other science systems, and co-ordinating with the Chief Engineer hadn't been an issue. Lt. Commander Joshath, the Tellarite temporarily assigned to the position, was a blunt & gruff fellow, but had a voracious appetite for the joys of life that seemed a huge contrast to his blunt demeanor. They were good friends, having spent a couple months bunking together a couple years before during a training symposium back on Tellar, and often would share coffee in the afternoon to discus various subjects, from combat to mechanics to philosophy.

Cael entered 7-Forward and made his way to their usual "sparring" table. The Bajoran Wormhole was impressive through the windows, the swirls of color casting beautiful hues across the lounges bulkheads. Cael was admiring the beauty of the swirling energies & particles of the nebula when Joshan's voice suddenly startled him. "Gorgeous, eh?" The gruff, harsh voice from directly beside him was a shock to Cael.

"You scared the bejeezus out of me, Joshath!" He swallowed. his throat dry from beint startled. "You know, for a 1.5 meter tall pot-belly of a hundred thirteen kilograms, you have some elite Ninja skill..."

The Tellarite looked at him, puzzled, as they sat down. "What's a Nin..."

"Ninja; they were an antient cadre of assassins that developed their own martial art style that was named from them, Ninjitsu. They were known for centuries for their stelth and mysticism."

Joshath smirked in amug delight at the idea as Ri-Kin came up, casually holding a serving tray at his side. "Ah, enjoying the view today, gentlemen? It realy is spectacular, ian't it?"

"Aye, that it 'tis..." Joshath and the others admired the beauty of it for a moment longer.

Ri-Kin was the first to break the silence. "So, what can I get for you fellows?" he asked politely.

Cael turned to Ri-Kin, "I'd love a large hot chocolate with real cream and a shot of peppermint flavor."

Joshath beamed with pride, "Actually, I got some good news from my brother this morn; his mate gave birth to triplettes last week. I'm off-duty for the next few hours, so I'm gonna have something to commemorate the occasion - A surrellian starburst, if you please." The grin on his face was huge, and the man was beaming; Cael wasn't sure if it was a pleasant sight or a disturbing sight.

Ri-Kin nodded as he tapped the order onto his P.A.D.D., then bowed & went to fill it. Cael looked over at the plump Tellarite. "Triplettes, eh? That's impressive."

Joshath made a motion with his hand to half dismiss it. "Not really; our people usually have multiple births; it's the identical twins & triplettes that are rare."

"I won't argue that; I don't have mugh reason to look into Tellarite birth rates & reproduction, really."

Joshath gave Cael a sly wink, "I could help fix that; you haven't lived until you've had a sensual massage from a Tellarite Madam massuse."

Cael shuddered at the thought of a nude Tellarite female; Joshath's wrinkled visage was scary enough. The Tellarite saw Caels discomfort and laughed boisterously; he loved making Cael squirm like that.

As a server came and politely dropped off their drinks, Cael looked at Joshath. "So waht's the topic today?"

CaelForge
Lieutenant (Eng/Sec)
Lieutenant (Eng/Sec)

Return to USS Cordelia